[Pythonmac-SIG] Py2app & wxPython problem...

Schollnick, Benjamin Benjamin.Schollnick at xerox.com
Tue Aug 16 15:59:31 CEST 2005

> > Well...  It is working at this point now....
> >
> > After upgrading to 10.4.1.....  But the distribution is huge (!!)
> > roughly 40 Mb....  I'll take a look into slimming it down in a few
> > days...
>
> Use PyObjC instead of wxPython and it will get a lot smaller ;)

True...  And I know your teasing... But there are several reasons that
PyObjC may not be suitable for this task.

1) I am using PythonCard for the GUI
2) I am not up to speed in PyObjC to feel that I can manage
	to use it in a timely manner.

3) This is a cross platform (Windows, Mac OS X, and possibly *Nix)
	application.  PyObjC will only help on the macintosh side...

		- Benjamin