[Pythonmac-SIG] Python 2.4.1 not replacing earlier versions.

Simon Brunning simon.brunning at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 17:47:35 CEST 2005

On 8/31/05, Craig Amundsen <cdamundsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Or I can just invoke the /usr/local/bin version explicitly, yes? Seems
> > to work...
> >
> > How do I specify that in a shebang line? I tried "#!/usr/local/bin
> > python", but I got a "bad interpreter: Permission denied" error
> > message.
>
> Did you mean #! /usr/local/bin/python
> or                  #! /usr/local/bin python ?

I meant the latter - the first version works for me too. Thanks.

I extrapolated "#! /usr/local/bin python" from the shebang line that
ran stuff with the OS's version of Python, "#!/usr/bin/env python".
Clearly, I don't have a clue as yet. ;-)

Still-in-the-foothills-ly y'rs,
Simon B,
simon at brunningonline.net,