[Pythonmac-SIG] Speed up Python on the Mac?

Dethe Elza delza at livingcode.org
Tue Dec 6 20:18:35 CET 2005

On Tue 2005-12-06, at Tue 2005-12-06T10:08 AM, Christopher Barker wrote:

[Great list snipped]

> Have I got them all? I hope this helps.

Ctypes allows you to call C code from Python without an extension,
but  is fairly hairy to write.

One Mac-specific way is to expose the C code via Objective-C as a
framework.  Importing Objective-C frameworks is trivial using the
PyObjC library.

It would be great to have a real-world example to see what could be
done purely from python (plus libraries) using some fo the speedup
guidance mentioned (both Eby's and SciPy's).

Maybe we should capture this on the wiki?

--Dethe