[Pythonmac-SIG] Converting to AppleEvents

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Tue Dec 6 23:05:57 CET 2005

Hi All:

I have an AppleScript I am calling with os.system():

	with timeout of 3600 seconds
		tell application "MyApp"
			reload startup
		end tell
	end timeout

I am interested in various methods to convert this to AppleEvents.
Any sample codes of something similar?  There seems to be more than
one approach. Also, I do not mind keeping as an AppleScript in a
triple quoted string, but I am onsure how this is done.

I am trying to learn how to handle all my communication between Mach-
O  applications and Python2.3 with AppleEvents, although I do not
know where to get started. Are there any tutorials on this topic? I
do not want to use any helper modules because I also must stick with
just Python2.3.

Thanks in Advance.

Brian Ray
http://brianray.chipy.org