[Pythonmac-SIG] Speed up Python on the Mac?

Michael J. Barber mjb at uma.pt
Wed Dec 7 10:29:47 CET 2005

On Dec 6, 2005, at 6:08 PM, Christopher Barker wrote:

> Have I got them all? I hope this helps.

A fairly esoteric one: pycaml. <http://pycaml.sourceforge.net/>

Note that I have not yet tried pycaml. It is claimed to allow Ocaml
libraries to be used from Python, and vice versa. Anyone have any
recent experience with it?

Much like several other respondents, I use Python for scientific
programming. The approach I generally take is the same as Nicholas
Riley's: write programs on my Mac (older laptop), and run it somewhere
else faster, generally using Psyco. It's not entirely satisfactory, but
works so far.

--
Michael