[Pythonmac-SIG] import problems

Zhi Peng zhiyong_peng2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 10 00:19:33 CET 2005

Hi! All

When I have module say module.py with sentance like

#!pythonw
import os
from appscript import *

and then import from terminal say pythonw, it show me
error or warning message

/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-packages/aem/send/errors.py:5:
DeprecationWarning: Non-ASCII character '\x80' in file
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/plat-mac/macerrors.py
on line 326, but no encoding declared; see
http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html for details
  import macerrors

But if I erased "from appscript import *" then it will
be fine. I think there is problem in appscript

Any advice or suggestion? Thanks

Zhi