[Pythonmac-SIG] How do you find the app that matches a creator type

has hengist.podd at virgin.net
Tue Feb 1 01:07:02 CET 2005

Bob wrote:

>>I'd be happy to build a 10.2 version though if you can tell me how
>>(given I'm not familiar with the CVS or making installers).
>
>After checking out the repository with subversion (or just doing a
>recursive web get, I guess), and having recent version of py2app
>installed (I suggest also using svn, as it builds python source a
>bit nicer):
>
>% python setup.py bdist_mpkg

OK, I'll try and have a bash at it sometime this week. (Wish me luck.;)

>>p.s. I've submitted patches for Carbon.AE [1090958] and
>>OSATerminology [1113328]; don't suppose you know if/when they'll
>>make it into 2.4, and from there into your 2.3 retro-package?
>
>Unfortunately these patches need to be rewritten such that they
>change the gensuitemodule scripts

I think you mean bgen, yes?:) Don't suppose the patches could simply
be applied to the existing C code now, and formal rewrites deferred
until if/when the bgen scripts require other modifications? Or does
it generate different C code for different Python
versions/installations?

>and Jack is really the only one good at doing that :)

And the proverbial bus, while not actively running over poor Jack,
does seem to be parked fairly firmly upon his foot at the moment.
Curse these inconvenient "real lives" that some people seem to have.
However, I do have to draw the line at learning bgen myself, as we'd
be onto OS XVI by the time I've mastered it. :p

has ("It rewrites the patches or it gets the hose again." ;p)
--
http://freespace.virgin.net/hamish.sanderson/