[Pythonmac-SIG] modifying setup.py: py2exe -> py2app

Chris Jerdonek jerdonek at davischoicevoting.org
Wed Feb 2 03:42:07 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm new to py2app (and also to python somewhat).

I wasn't able to find any documentation, so I'm turning here.

I'm trying to generate a setup.py file that I can use with py2app.  I
have the setup.py file that someone made tailored to py2exe.

Is it straightforward to modify that?  I haven't had success because I
can't tell which commands are py2exe/Windows-specific, or even what the
needed py2app commands/options are.  I only saw the "minimal" setup.py
for py2ap in the wiki.

The application I'm using it for uses wxPython and html help files.

Thanks for any help, and thanks for all the work everyone put into
writing/designing py2app.
CHRIS

--
(530) 297-6947