[Pythonmac-SIG] modifying setup.py: py2exe -> py2app

Chris Jerdonek jerdonek at davischoicevoting.org
Wed Feb 2 07:59:04 CET 2005

--
(530) 297-6947
http://DavisChoiceVoting.org
On Feb 1, 2005, at 7:48 PM, Charles Hartman wrote:

> I'm in the same boat with C. Jerdonek, though I suspect I know less.
> So when I saw this passage, I hung, as always, on every word from
> py2app's own master. Aha! I said.

I think I know less, Charles.

I tried the hello.py sample in the Developer directory.

I copied hello & setup.py to a separate directory and ran --
python setup.py py2app

This created an executable icon in the Finder called "hello" in a
directory called "dist".  Will this always be the stand-alone app?
(From the command line hello.app is a directory, which I don't
understand.)

Anyways, I double-clicked the hello icon.  It appeared on the dock and
immediately collapsed without any output.  Is this the desired
behavior?

CHRIS