[Pythonmac-SIG] "Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread"

Richard Jones richard at commonground.com.au
Wed Feb 2 08:12:35 CET 2005

On 02/02/2005, at 3:10 PM, Richard Jones wrote:
> My app is a simple GUI thing which controls Zope through the
> zdaemon.zdctl module. It's attached. The Zope libs (and some
> supporting libs) are installed in the app's Resources folder in a
> "runtime" subdirectory (historical name, will eventually change to
> Zope ;)

Bob has pointed out that the python libs shouldn't be in the runtime
directory, they should be included through py2app's module management.

Zope has ... interesting ideas about how modules and packages work
though, so that's going to be fun to sort out :)

I noticed that if I specify a packages option to py2app, it creates
both a site-packages.zip *and* a site-packages directory. It then fails
to find some stuff. Adding the packages as "includes" doesn't help, as
the packages are then included in the zip file, and unfortunately, Zope
stores data files in the packages alongside the Python source files,
and assumes those files are in a regular directory structure. So now I
work on figuring how to turn off the zip-ification of site-packages.

     Richard