[Pythonmac-SIG] "Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread"

Richard Jones richard at commonground.com.au
Wed Feb 2 10:14:01 CET 2005

On 02/02/2005, at 8:04 PM, Bob Ippolito wrote:
> On Feb 2, 2005, at 4:01 AM, Richard Jones wrote:
>> On 02/02/2005, at 7:45 PM, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>>> Creating both a zip and a directory is perfectly normal and expected.
>>>
>>> "fails to find some stuff" is probably unrelated.
>>
>> More specifically, the "smart" xml.sax.saxexts module fails to find
>> any parsers for parsing XML. I need to look more closely at what it's
>> trying to do. I suppose I just need to keep bashing away at things
>> until I've managed to get the correct combination of packages and
>> includes args to setup() ;)
>
> Yup, you'll need to figure out what it wants, and you'll need to
> specify it explicitly.

I think it's going to take the rest of the evening to unravel this xml
mess. Unfortunately, Zope does entirely too many sys.path fiddles (far
less these days) and import hot-patching for my (and, apparently
py2app's) liking :)

I'll get there though - I *have* to ;)

> Let me know when you're done because some of this might make it into
> recipes so that it doesn't have to be done again.

I've already run into one problem with a recipe - the PIL one assumes
the presence of a PIL.pth, and I don't believe I can fiddle things so
that's the case, so I'm currently manually editing __boot__.py every
time I rebuild the app :)

     Richard