[Pythonmac-SIG] Binary Matplotlib package

Louis Pecora pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Thu Feb 3 15:18:39 CET 2005

Chris Barker wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I think I've successfully build a binary matplotlib package for use
> with Apple's Python on OS-X 10.3.* In theory the only other thing it
> requires is Numeric, and I have a package for that too (courtesy of
> Bob Ippolito).
>
> It's almost 5 MB, so I haven't included it here. I also don't have a
> web site to put it on at the moment, so:
>
> A) if you send me a note, I'll send it to you
> B) if you have a place to host it, please volunteer to do so.
>
> I'd like people to test it out, all I know now is that it works on my
> system.
>
> Once it's been better tested, perhaps we can get it put on the
> sourceforge download page.
>
> thanks,
> -Chris

Chris,  I'd be happy to test it out.  I've been looking into installing
matplotlib on my PowerBook (system 10.3), but it is daunting since
there's so much that it seems to need all working together (this is one
problem I have with the way Python is implemented as open source, but
that's for a later venting :-)  -- nothing against open source,
certainly, and I Love Python ).  You can send it to me.  Even though I'm
on travel my dialup should be able to handle it (at 5 MB it should take
about 10 to 15 minutes -- maybe optimistic, but what the heck).  I
really want a plotting package to round out my Python numerical
calculation code.

If you have information on what you did to get it all to work together,
please include that -- assuming you don't mind sharing that information.

I would love to host it, but my employer (the US Government) won't let
me do that.

Thanks for doing this.

--
Cheers,