[Matplotlib-users] Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] matplotlib OS-X binary problems.

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Fri Feb 4 02:07:02 CET 2005

Bob Ippolito wrote:

> You have three options:
> - make sure the dylibs aren't sitting around in the same location as the
> .a, and make sure the .a's path is preferred (you could make a local
> dir, -L to it, symlink the archives in)

I'm going to give this a try.

> - change the setup.py relatively significantly and specify them as
> object files with their full path

This strikes me as very non-portable. Ideally, I'd like to be able to
easily re-do this whenever a new version comes out, and even have it be
in the standard distro's setup.py

> - don't link statically and install the dylibs too, somehow (possibly by
> building+installing them with
> --prefix=/Library/Python/2.3/matplotlib/lib-dynload/ and -L to that when
> linking.. note that this would require a bdist_mpkg subclass to make a
> .pkg out of it)

This may be a good option, but then I'd need to figure out bdist_mpkg. I
don't suppose you're volunteering?

By the way, how can I tell what a given lib I've just built is expecting
to link against? I can do this with ldd on linux.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov