[Pythonmac-SIG] Mac User Python newbies

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Wed Feb 9 05:05:52 CET 2005

> Well, whenever I have to use wxPython, that's how it feels.  I
> definitely recommend it over Tkinter, pyGTK, and PyQT, though.

Hmmm.  I like portable applications, so am usually forced to write UIs
in Java Swing.  But when I do use Python, I prefer PyGTK; I think the
toolkit is better designed, provides more modern UI concepts, and more
flexible.  But I agree it's a real pain to install -- too many
independent sub-package dependencies.  And as far as I can tell, the
two projects aimed at porting GTK+ to Carbon or Cocoa have both died.

Bill