[Pythonmac-SIG] Zope py2app, some progress

Roger Binns rogerb at rogerbinns.com
Thu Feb 10 09:00:54 CET 2005

>> So don't bother building a 10.3 version.  The 10.2 version should work
>> fine.

That is what was tried first - we don't want the extra work!  I don't
know what the issue was, but there was some incompatibility.

>> Did you know py2app had a --strip option, which does strip -x -S?

Nope.  The way this works is that the example is copied, names
changed and tweaks done until it works.  What isn't well documented
doesn't get used.

>> I couldn't find a compelling reason to use an uncompressed zip

The only reason I could think of is if the Python internals memory
map the file and use the objects as is.  If they were compressed
then they would have to be decompressed to other memory.

But I doubt Python does memory map the file.

BTW I hate that drag and dropping stuff.  It is fine for experiments
but not appropriate for repeatable reliable controlled builds.  What
is even more annoying is tools like Apple's Help indexer that can
*only* be run using drag and drop.  Not that it matters since I can't
get Apple's help working anyway.

Roger