[Pythonmac-SIG] Discovering file type

Ray Slakinski ray.slakinski at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 12:54:43 CET 2005

I found a type script that mimics the file command in unix.  It uses
'magic' to figure out the type -- where magic is a code in most files
that identify what it is.  So I would google for those pieces of info
and your bound to come up with it.  Mine is heavily hacked up for my
purposes so mine wont be al that useful to you.

Ray Slakinski