[Pythonmac-SIG] Zope py2app, some progress

Roger Binns rogerb at rogerbinns.com
Fri Feb 11 09:10:17 CET 2005

>>> You're probably not setting the right plist keys or something for
>>> Apple's help.
>>
>> The documentation doesn't make it clear what should be set.
>> Additionally I have no idea how to make them from Python so
>> I can automate all this.
>
> Python does it, see:
> python/dist/src/Mac/OSX/Doc

There is a heroic amount of code there, a lot of it because Apple
pathologically want you to run the help indexer by dragging and
dropping and not in any automated manner.

Anyway I wasted yet another hour following what that does
and it still doesn't work without any indication why.  I really
don't care any more.  If anyone wants BitPim to use the
Apple help mechanisms, then they can spend hours of their
time working it out and contributing whatever needs to be
done.  The way Apple does it also makes it impossible to
use the help while doing development since a bundle doesn't
exist at that point.

Roger