[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 2.3.5 for OS9 Release Candidate available

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Fri Feb 11 23:24:32 CET 2005

Hot on the heels of 2.3.5 for 10.2 another installer is available for
testing: MacPython 2.3.5 for MacOS9. Again, download it via
<http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython/beta.html>

As it is likely that this is the very last release of Python for
classic MacOS, marking the end of Python on the platform on which it
was originally implemented initially many years ago, I suggest that if
you think you may ever again need Python on MacOS9 (or Python in the
Classic environment on MacOSX) you want to give this installer a quick
test.

Also, there is some time pressure on getting the MacOS9 release right:
the license for Installer Vise will expire within a month, and it would
be silly to shell out another $1000 for another year.
Goldman