[Pythonmac-SIG] Versions, Frameworks, Linking, PantherPythonFix

Roger Binns rogerb at rogerbinns.com
Wed Feb 23 08:39:17 CET 2005

>> My biggest 3rd party dependency is wxPython.  Is there any way of
>> telling if it was built on a machine with the fix applied?
>
> It wasn't.

Thank you for checking.  I have passed on the request to Robin
to run PantherPythonFix on his 10.3 build machine.

> There is no vendor Python on Windows, so py2exe can make no such
> distinction.

Technically there is on many HP/Compaq machines :-)

And in the thread on setting PATH, that is exactly what I need to
do since the code is cross platform.

I actually can't see *any* benefit to me at all of Apple's Python.

Are there any instructions anywhere on how to remove Apple's
version, and put on an official Python.org blessed version and
ensure the latter resides somewhere on my path?

The various web pages are all pretty confusing and appear
contradictory:

 http://www.python.org/download/
 http://www.python.org/download/download_mac.html
 http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython/