[Pythonmac-SIG] Qualcomm Purevoice codec

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Mon Feb 28 11:53:44 CET 2005

On 22 Feb 2005, at 08:24, Roger Binns wrote:

> Can anyone give me hints on how to access the Qualcomm Purevoice codec
> that is part of Quicktime from Python?
>
> In BitPim we convert between wav and Purevoice using the convertor
> that Qualcomm provides:
>
> http://www.cdmatech.com/solutions/products/purevoice_download.jsp
>
> Note that they don't supply it for MacOS X.  There is however a
> codec inside Quicktime.  Ideally I want as close functionality
> as possible as their Windows and Linux binaries.

[...]
> I couldn't find anything relevant using Google.  There is a
> Carbon.QT module but none of the methods appear to do any form of
> conversion.

The quicktime module for Python 2.4 has a lot of new functionality (and
it's also available as an addon for Python 2.3, through my experimental
database for Package Manager). Access to codecs is one of the things
that has been added.

But, of course, I've only tested it very lightly and it's very possible
I forgot some essential things. Could you please check whether Python
2.4 (or its Carbon.Qt module used in 2.3) allows you to access the
codec you need?
Goldman