[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: [Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Mac/OSX fixapplepython23.py, 1.2, 1.3

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Sun Jan 2 22:28:22 CET 2005

On 2-jan-05, at 4:40, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>> +SCRIPT="""#!/bin/sh
>> +export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3
>> +exec %s "${@}"
>
> This script should check to see if MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET is already
> set.  If I have some reason to set MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4 for
> compilation (say I'm compiling an extension that requires 10.4
> features) then I'm going to have some serious problems with this fix.

I was going to do that, but then I thought it didn't make any sense,
because this script is *only* used in the context of Apple-provided
Python 2.3. And setting MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET to anything other than
10.3 (be it lower or higher) while compiling an extension for Apple's
2.3 is going to produce disappointing results anyway.

But, if I've missed a use case, please enlighten me.
Goldman