[Pythonmac-SIG] Testers needed again: Fix installer 1.2

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Jan 11 16:37:19 CET 2005

On Jan 11, 2005, at 5:09, Michael Twomey wrote:

> I just tried out the installer and it works fine, but it appears to
> have littered my disk with CVS directories, was that intentional? (I'm
> guessing not)
>
> Otherwise it appears to work fine.
>
> A listing of the archive contents:
>
> hamtoro:/Volumes/PantherPythonFix/PantherPythonFix.pkg/Contents/
> Resources
> mtt$ gunzip -c PantherPythonFix.pax.gz |pax

The pkg also has CVS directories in it.

Since all of the files in the pkg are in that one folder, I would
simply lay out the archive like:

.
./Makefile
./PantherPythonFix
./PantherPythonFix/run-g++
./PantherPythonFix/run-gcc

and set the IFPkgFlagDefaultLocation Info.plist key to
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/
config

At worst case, this would net you two CVS directories instead of 11 :)