[Pythonmac-SIG] a question about paths

Robert Costain robster at videotron.ca
Mon Jan 17 20:01:44 CET 2005

Hi there,

I apologise in advance for a somewhat "newbie" question. I am not a
Python developer.

I run a web server using Jaguar Server (10.2.8). I have an installation
of Mailman running on this server. It's been working really well for me
for over 2 years. Last week I upgraded my Mailman install from 2.1.4 to
2.1.5. I started to notice some interface oddities (messages that
should have bounced simply disappeared). On the Mailman project page, I
noticed that Python 2.3 is recommended for Mailman.

I downloaded the source for Python 2.3.4 and ran configure, make and
make install - I have some experience doing installations like this and
am quite comfortable doing it.

It appears to have been installed correctly, but when I run "python -V"
in Terminal to check the version number, it still shows the
Apple-installed version 2.2.

How do I get the system to default to the new installation of Python?

Thanks in advance,
Rob
---
Robert Costain