[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Office Macs, shudder...

Pete pymac at jorjun.org.uk
Mon Jan 24 17:45:50 CET 2005

> The result is close enough that I might be able to
> convince my office to switch to Apple.  You can't beat
> that!
>
> Brendan
I hope the wxPython devotees don't assume that Mac users want to see
Macs in the office to replace Windows??

Not me. I used to get cheap remarks every time I bought my powerbook in
to the office in the old days (before VB made programmers out of
anybody). Some places were even superstitious to the point of
preventing access to the intranet.

I now think that a cheap, defacto OS suits organ grinding, Java
programming, VB-like database forms and other general grist that keeps
stock market investors in new cars.  And a creative OS refuge for work
and projects about which you are genuinely concerned and that relate to
personal fulfillment.

An informal word of advice, based on painful experience (if you ever
work in the UK, at least) : Don't get the two mixed up.

Having said all this, the day that OS X becomes widespread in the
office will be the day that a New Knuckle OS will appear as viable,
edgy alternative!

;-)

Peter