[Pythonmac-SIG] iTunes scripting/Python shilling opportunity?

Pete pymac at jorjun.org.uk
Thu Jan 27 02:02:21 CET 2005

> Got me wondering if there might be potential for cooking up, say, a
> Python-based web UI for iTunes that could operate across a LAN? With
> appscript maturing and more webapp frameworks than you can shake a
> stick at, it might make a nice opportunity for (Mac)Python to promote
> itself if somebody with a bit of spare time and some prior webapp
> experience were interested. (has)

Definitely Has, plenty of multi-user aware stuff to write, that is what
i used to do for business, but i have lost a lot of motivation to code
these days.
Finally I seem to have decided on which clients and server(s) I want,
though. It has taken two years of searching about.

Kind of pleased that XXX will get a kick up the arse for outsourcing my
prospects - if it was them, since so many midrange tasks seem just one
free Webkit away, these days.

But w.r.t. the Mac : even a simple, practically useful application
takes a lot of concentrated effort - true for all GUIs, probably.
pyObjc is a blessing here.

But I hope that Apple will get the Python bug, big and let us have a
Pythonic way in, because there still seems to be too many artifacts in
the way of coding a program on an unfamiliar OS. I know what I want to
do, I just hate running my eyes up and down the long list of APIs -
feels too much like accountancy or  something, trying to spot the one I
want. I hate to say it, but I wrote VB code when it first came out, and
it was pretty awesomely easy to do off the bat.  Apple need to make
this stuff slightly less eclectic, only slightly :-) Or may I really
should invest in a training course of some kind.

Cheers

-Pete