[Pythonmac-SIG] How do you find the app that matches a creator type

has hengist.podd at virgin.net
Mon Jan 31 21:06:50 CET 2005

Read Roberts wrote:

>Using the package pointed to by Bob Ippolito, I
>find I cannot use the import statement suggested
>by has  hengist, although it may work with the
>package that he points to.

My version exported everything from package's main namespace,
allowing one to write:

     import LaunchServices # imports LaunchServices' functions and constants

but it looks like the official LaunchServices package requires one to
import its sub-modules directly:

     import LaunchServices.Launch # imports LaunchServices' functions
     import LaunchServices.LaunchServices # imports LaunchServices' constants

Not sure what the logic behind this is: it's less convenient for the
user, but OTOH there may be a good reason for it. Maybe Jack or Bob
can enlighten?

has
--
http://freespace.virgin.net/hamish.sanderson/