[Pythonmac-SIG] Python preferences hosed? What to do?

Louis Pecora pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Mon Jul 4 16:28:14 CEST 2005

I run Python from BBEdit although I have used the Python IDE, too.  All
was fine up to a week ago, then today running from BBEdit through the
terminal caused a long delay then an error message that Numeric could
not be found.  The Python IDE would not start up (long delay then a
'quit' automatically).  I suspect something is wrong with the preference
file, but I'm not sure.  I did some poking around online (Google Python
prefs, checked the Mac FAQ, etc.), but caught no clues.  I haven't
installed or changed anything the in the Apple provided python, 2.3.

Does anyone have an idea of what happened?  Or what course of action
might help?

I have checked my own ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist, but as I recall
that's just for my paths, not the Python application.

I checked and found Numeric in the right place (I think), namely,
/Library/Python/2.3/Numeric.

I'm using a G4 PB (1.25GHz), Mac OS X 10.3.8.

Thanks for any help.

--
Cheers,

Lou Pecora