[Pythonmac-SIG] appscript raises deprecation warning for macerrors

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Mon Jul 11 22:28:34 CEST 2005

On 11-jul-2005, at 20:10, has wrote:

>> Then work on a patch for Python (probably bgen) to make sure that
>> future versions (2.4.2 and 2.5) no longer give the warning when
>> importing macerrors.
>>

> Maybe after bgen gets properly documented. ;)

This one should be pretty easy: generate a encoding declaration at
the start of every python file emitted by bgen.

... I've investigated some more (that is performed two find(1)
commands) and it seems that macerrors.py is *not* generated by
bgen.py but using Mac/scripts/mkestrres.py. The version of that
script in the Py2.4.1 source tree doesn't work (it uses EasyDialogs
without importing it). This means someone could get away with a very
simple patch: just erase the offending character from macerrors.py.

Ronald