[Pythonmac-SIG] not "MacPython" - right place?

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Wed Jul 20 20:17:58 CEST 2005

William K wrote:

> The problem is, there is no option in bdist to specify an install-
> headers location, at least not in the package I'm looking at (Numeric).

unless you really want to do things yourself, the best bet is to first
look and see if the package you need is at:

www.pythonmac.org/packages

There are Numeric packages there for a number of pythons. They are built
to link against the LAPACK in vectlib, which may not happen correctly if
you build it yourself.

If you need a newer Numeric, then I guess you're back to building it
yourself. Perhaps you could contribute a package to pythonmac.org is you do.

-Chris