[Pythonmac-SIG] Can't get re-installed python to recognize old paths.

Louis Pecora pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Fri Jul 22 19:53:02 CEST 2005

After a lot of hair pulling (long story) I re-installed OS X 10.3
(archive and install) and then upgraded to 10.3.9.  Python seems to work
and other problems seem to be gone, but when I try to import my original
modules it can't find them.  I looked in the folder .MacOSX and see that
Enviroment.plist is still there and it has the original paths that once
worked (two weeks ago).  Here it is:

*<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>PYTHONPATH</key>

<string>/users/louispecora/Code/python/general:/users/louispecora/Code/python/stats:/users/louispecora/Code/python/stats/BayesProb:/users/louispecora/Code/python/time_series:/users/louispecora/Code/python/plotwindow:/Library/Python/2.3/:/users/louispecora/Code/AddedPackagesfiles/:</string>
</dict>
</plist>

*So I'm stumped as to why Python can't find modules in the folders
listed in Enviroment.plist.  I haven't changed any folder names.  I seem
to remember only needing to mess with Enviroment.plist to establish
paths.  Am I forgetting something?

Thanks for any ideas.  Thanks also to Bob I. and Robert Kern for their
patience as I try to bring my system back to health and get python up
and running.

--
Cheers,

Lou Pecora