[Pythonmac-SIG] Solid GUI toolkits for Mac?

Jon Rosebaugh chairos at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 08:12:42 CEST 2005

I'm wondering how many of the many GUI toolkits for python play really
well with Mac OS X, including actual native look, instead of just an
Aqua "theme" that doesn't look quite right?

I know of PyObjC (which scares me, because Interface Builder and Cocoa
scare me; come on, a four-page tutorial with dozens of methods to
write just to add a freaking toolbar? This is 2005, not 1995, Apple),
PyFltk (which works, but the guy giving the compilation instructions
admits he doesn't know much about python or compiling, which makes me
a little hesitant to spend effort learning it), PySWT (which looks
like it would do the job, but doesn't actually have any explicit Mac
support yet, and also appears to not be very mature yet), and, um,
that's what I've got. So. What are people using? (And if I've got the
wrong impression of PyObjC, I'm happy to be enlightened.)

--
Bloggity: http://blog.inklesspen.com/