[Pythonmac-SIG] Solid GUI toolkits for Mac?

Dethe Elza delza at livingcode.org
Wed Jul 27 18:11:02 CEST 2005

On 26-Jul-05, at 11:12 PM, Jon Rosebaugh wrote:

> I know of PyObjC (which scares me, because Interface Builder and Cocoa
> scare me;

I also had an initial fear (or perhaps dislike) of Interface Builder
to begin with.  Once you learn to use it, and PyObjC, you can be
incredibly productive.  Cocoa is a *big* framework, and has a pretty
high learning curve, so one thing I've often found when things
weren't working the way I expected is that I was trying too hard,
doing too much coding, and needed to just *do it the Cocoa way* and
things worked smoothly.

This list is quite helpful when you're trying to figure out the Cocoa
way, as are some of the (Objective-C) Cocoa-specific mailing lists.

--Dethe