[Pythonmac-SIG] Hello; F2PY

Andreas Voellmy andreas.voellmy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 16:50:04 CEST 2005

Hello, I'm new to the list.

I'm wondering if anyone on the list has any experience using f2py
(http://cens.ioc.ee/projects/f2py2e/) on the mac os x? I would like
to use it so that I can access functions written in fortran in
python. I'm having trouble getting it working on tiger. I'm just
working on the hello world example and haven't gotten it to compile
correctly yet.

gcc in mac os x apparently has the fortran compiler removed or turned
off. So I am using a port of gfortran to compile my fortran. i've
gotten f2py to compile a shared library using gfortran, but when I
load it into python it has a fatal error and suggests that i may not
have compiled the library under the right version. This makes sense.
I compiled with gfortran, part of gcc 4.0, while python on my mac is
compiled under gcc 3.4. I haven't yet been able to get around this
issue.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has experience with this topic. I
can send more detailed info if anyone is interested.

Thanks, Andreas