[Pythonmac-SIG] late start with tiger

Scott Frankel leknarf at pacbell.net
Fri Jul 29 05:50:58 CEST 2005

I've just migrated a machine to Tiger and have a question about the
"official unofficial" mac version of python.2.4.1.

Why would /usr/bin/python still be linked to python2.3 after the
install?

I downloaded and installed MacPython 2.4.1 from undefined.org.  I also
downloaded and installed both TigerPython24Fix and TigerPython23Compat.
  If I execute python 2.4 using an explicit path to
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/bin/python2.4, then
python2.4 launches happily (with readlines!).  But if I execute the
python specified in my env (i.e.: /usr/bin/python), python2.3 launches
due to the link.

Thanks in advance!
Scott