[Pythonmac-SIG] Appscript Installer 1.1a1

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Sat Jun 4 00:00:52 CEST 2005

On Jun 3, 2005, at 2:30 PM, Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> On 3-jun-2005, at 23:02, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>
>> I can effectively guarantee that any Python 2.3.x packages are going
>> to break on Mac OS X 10.5,
>>

> Why are you so sure Py2.3 packages will break on OS X 10.5? Is it that
> 10.5 is so long away that Py2.3 will no longer be supported by the
> python.org crew or is it something else?

Because Python 2.3 packages are distributed for the vendor installed
Python 2.3, which will almost definitely disappear.

Sure, once 10.5 comes out, you can probably install a Python 2.3
interpreter and use old stuff (though I certainly won't care to
support that), but the act of installing 10.5 will break things.

> BTW. Moving to python 2.4 is a smart thing to do anyway, at the very
> least is faster than python 2.3.

Yeah.