[Pythonmac-SIG] Appscript Installer 1.1a1

has hengist.podd at virgin.net
Sat Jun 4 00:30:42 CEST 2005

Bob Ippolito wrote:

>There are three situations you should be concerned with:
>1. Python 2.3.0 on Mac OS X 10.3
>2. Python 2.3.5 on Mac OS X 10.4
>3. Python 2.4.x on either
>
>1 and 2 can be dealt with by a single package, built on Mac OS X 10.3
>with bdist_mpkg installed for Python 2.3.0
>
>3 can be dealt with by a single package, built on Mac OS X 10.3 with
>bdist_mpkg installed for Python 2.4.1.

I'd better point out - as much for Nick's benefit as anyone's - that bdist_mpkg currently isn't suitable for building an appscript installer as osaterminology's OSATerminology extension has to be built on both OS 10.3 and 10.4 and the resulting pieces assembled by hand.

Though I think I could split osaterminology into three separate packages, two to be built on 10.3 and the other on 10.4, to get around that problem. If bdist_mpkg was used for that, would the third installer, the one built on Tiger, also work correctly on Panther?

has
--
http://freespace.virgin.net/hamish.sanderson/