[Pythonmac-SIG] Build PyOxide

Brice Thurin B.P.S.Thurin at city.ac.uk
Thu Jun 9 18:27:01 CEST 2005

Hello,

  I have been trying to install PyOxide but without success. First I
tried the installation package but how I installed macpython2.4, it
can't install it apparentely the installation package is looking for
the 2.3 version. So I decided to build it. The build of IDEKit went
well but then when I tried to build PyOxide I got the following error:

  Building target “PyOXIDE” with build style “Development”
(optimization:level ‘0’, debug-symbols:on) — (3 errors)
  Missing file or directory:
pyobjc-1.0b1/Examples/PythonBrowser/PythonBrowser.nib
  Missing file or directory:
pyobjc-1.0b1/Examples/PythonBrowser/PythonBrowserModel.py
  Missing file or directory:
pyobjc-1.0b1/Examples/PythonBrowser/PythonBrowser.py

  on top of the error message I have got the following:

  /Developer/Private/jam -d1 -j1
JAMBASE=/Developer/Makefiles/pbx_jamfiles/ProjectBuilderJambase
JAMFILE=- build ACTION=build _DEFAULT_GCC_VERSION=3.3
BUILD_STYLE=Development
CPP_HEADERMAP_FILE=/Users/bricethurin/Desktop/PyOXIDE/build/
PyOXIDE.build/ExternalPython.build/ExternalPython.hmap
SRCROOT=/Users/bricethurin/Desktop/PyOXIDE
OBJROOT=/Users/bricethurin/Desktop/PyOXIDE/build
SYMROOT=/Users/bricethurin/Desktop/PyOXIDE/build
DSTROOT=/tmp/PyOXIDE.dst

  What I found quite suprising it is that I installed PyObjC 1.3.6 and
is looking for 1.0b1

  Could you tell me what I am doing wrong?

  Many Thanks

  Brice

Brice Thurin

Department of Optometry and Visual Science
City University, Northampton Square
London, EC1V 0HB, UK.
http://www.city.ac.uk/optometry/Luis/myresearch/Research/
scatteringproper.html