[Pythonmac-SIG] Newsreader list name?

Russell E Owen rowen at u.washington.edu
Fri Jun 10 01:38:35 CEST 2005

At 7:25 PM -0400 2005-06-09, Lee Cullens wrote:
>Thanks for the reply Russel
>
>You hit on another problem.  I have looked through the Gmane site a
>couple times (carefully) in the last couple days.  I downloaded a
>copy of Hogwasher to try and using my ISPs news server found the two
>lists I mentioned, but after repeated tries of nntp://news.gmane.org
>and appended groupings (e.g. + gmane.comp.python.tutor) directly and
>separately, and just groupings through my ISP server, could not get
>anything "Gmane" to work.  I even sent them (Gmane) an email asking
>what I was doing wrong or if they are still alive, and have received
>no answer yet.
>
>Are you using Gmane successfully and if so how?

I use it every day, using server address news.gmane.org. Sorry, but I
have no idea why it's not working for you. I happen to use MT
Newswatcher, but don't see why HogWasher would have any problem with
it -- unless it wants just plain news.gmane.org (without the leading
nntp://) or if you misspelled something in the address.

-- Russell