[Pythonmac-SIG] Newbie....(for now)

Robert Herbstzuber python at bostonmacosx.dyndns.org
Wed Jun 15 22:46:43 CEST 2005

Hello to all....
I've been writing PHP web apps for about 3 years now and I took one
JAVA course over that time.
I'm looking to get into "real" programming and I've chosen Python as
my intro to it.
I"ve installed the framework build of 2.4.1 on my Tiger install and
i've tried to read a lot of documentation.
As with most help it is too advanced for where I am right now or it
isn't OS X specific enough. So I'm going to try to turn here....

Question1:
When you install something like SciPy.py how do you know if you have
the dependents that you need.
Is there a way to list installed packages? I looked at package
manager and it just doesn't seem mature. Maybe I'm just using it wrong.

Question2:
Where are the packages installed?

Question3:
Are there a good example of Python programs on a site somewhere?

Cheers and thanks.
Robert

--------
Robert Herbstzuber