[Pythonmac-SIG] what's the plural of "Emacs"?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Jun 16 03:40:36 CEST 2005

    Bob> I've heard that some people are happy with the Carbonized GNU Emacs
    Bob> (I think it can be compiled from CVS, but there are various
    Bob> binaries available), and Kevin Walzer is working on an AquaMacs
    Bob> <http://www.wordtech-software.com/aquamacs.html> distribution,
    Bob> which I've heard mixed things about.

My understanding (completely second-hand, and from the XEmacs gang, no less)
is that the guy that Carbonized (Carbonified?) GNU Emacs got disillusioned
with the GNU folk.  There are enough Mac/GNU Emacs people to keep that
running though, so it should be a reasonable option.  There is a Carbon
patch for XEmacs (contributed by the same guy) that's available as a a
branch on the XEmacs CVS repository.

Skip