[Pythonmac-SIG] Where to go for wxPython help & tutorials?

Louis Pecora pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Thu Jun 16 17:09:19 CEST 2005

I'd like to use wxPython to open some simple windows and draw/plot
figures from data.  But learning this apparently nice GUI has been
haphazard.  I've looked over documention that comes with the
installation and it appears incomplete.  Suggestions in the docs are to
look to the examples and demos, but cheeze there's more there than I
ever want to know and in no particular order.  I had to scroll through
two files of foreign (to me) code to find that
self.SetBackgroundColour("WHITE") will make my window background white.

Can anyone recommend a source of documentation (preferably indexed)?  Or
even a listiing of where to find things like defined colors (uppercase,
apparently), events?  I understand the EVT_PAINT idea, but when/what are
they called and what are the possible events I can bind a function to?

Thanks for any help or pointers.

I know some of you might recommend matplotlib for what I want, but I
looked at it and it will not serve my purposes.

--
Cheers,

Lou Pecora

Code 6362