[Pythonmac-SIG] Where to go for wxPython help & tutorials?

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Thu Jun 16 23:27:44 CEST 2005

Chris Barker wrote:
> Robert Kern wrote:
>
>> I do interactive plotting with matplotlib all the time exactly as you
>> describe.
>
> Robert, do you have any small demo programs that do this? I think it
> would be a good thing to have out there. Perhaps the embedded_in_wx
> examples already do this, but I haven't checked them out. At the moment
> I primarily use matplotlib for generating PNGs for the web.

Not particularly. I use ipython in pylab mode. Louis's original request
("to open some simple windows and draw/plot figures from data") fits
matplotlib's interactive mode particularly well. Unfortunately, it
doesn't make for good examples. The best thing to do is to install
ipython and run "ipython -pylab" and play around a bit.

The important bit, of course, is ipython's GUI thread management.
PyCrust also works (although you give up on ipython's other magnificent
goodies). scipy's gui_thread might also work, but it has been obsoleted
by ipython.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu