[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app newbie problems

Arthur Debert debert at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 06:36:29 CEST 2005

Hi there.

Sorry if this is too basic, but I'm having real trouble getting py2app working.
I have an application writen in python 2.4 that uses wxPython(2.6) and 4Suite.

Two questions:
a) i can't make much sense about this on the documentation. From what
I understood, all I have to do is point the setup.py script to the
'main' script of my application, and the module graph should find and
package all the needed frameworks (such as wxPython and 4Suite). Is
this right? If not, where should I specify that I am using these
frameworks?

b) when tryiing to build setup.py I get the following error:
"
TypeError: compile() expected string without null bytes
> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/py2app/modulegraph/modulegraph.py(376)load_module()
-> co = compile (fp.read().replace("\r\n", "\n")+'\n',pathname, 'exec')
"

ouch! what does that mean?

I am running tiger, with pythonmac2.4, py2app 0.2, wxPython2.6.

Am I missing something?

Thanks a lot,
Arthur