[Pythonmac-SIG] ANN: ActivePython 2.4.1 build 247 for Mac OS X
trentm at ActiveState.com
Tue Jun 28 23:08:31 CEST 2005
ActivePython 2.4.1 build 247 for Mac OS X is now available for free
This release includes important updates to build 246. In particular:
- ActivePython and py2app will now play nicely together. Previously
py2app failed looking for version.plist in ActivePython's framework
- ActivePython's license was clarified to specify that usage of
ActivePython with wrapping tools such as py2app and py2exe are
Please see the release notes for details:
What is ActivePython?
ActivePython is ActiveState's quality-assured binary distribution of
Python. Builds for Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris and Windows are made freely
ActivePython includes the Python core and core extensions (zlib 1.2.1,
bzip2 1.0.2, bsddb 4.2.52, Tk 8.4.9, and Tix 8.1.4) and is fully
compatible with other Python distributions of the same version.
ActivePython also includes a wealth of Python documentation, including:
- the core Python docs;
- Andrew Kuchling's "What's New in Python" series;
- the Non-Programmer's Tutorial for Python;
- Mark Pilgrim's excellent "Dive into Python"; and
- a snapshot of the Python FAQs, HOWTOs and PEPs.
An online version of the docs can be found here:
Thanks, and enjoy!
Trent, Python Tech Lead
TrentM at ActiveState.com
More information about the Pythonmac-SIG