[Pythonmac-SIG] NSMovieView question

Dethe Elza delza at livingcode.org
Thu Jun 30 22:01:36 CEST 2005

You can't really do that using NSMovieView without dropping down to
the C-level Quicktime routines (maybe there is a python wrapper for
these, but if so it is not documented).

If you are running on Tiger (10.4) you can use the Quicktime (QTKit)
framework, which has much more control over the movie.

QTKit Reference: http://developer.apple.com/documentation/QuickTime/
Reference/QTCocoaObjCKit/index.html
Quicktime for Cocoa documentation: http://developer.apple.com/
documentation/Cocoa/QuickTime-date.html

Specifically, you could use the QTMovie.currentTime() and
QTMovie.setCurrentTime_(time) methods to do what you're asking.

--Dethe