[Pythonmac-SIG] One IDE can find sys._buf, the other can't. What's going on?

Louis Pecora pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Thu Mar 3 20:04:32 CET 2005

I ran some test code in the MacPython IDE and then from BBEdit (should
be same as TextWrangle that some of you use).  It runs in the Mac IDE,
but I get this error in BBEdit:

File "Drive:Users:louispecora:Code:python:general:general.py"; Line
132:  AttributeError: 'file' object has no attribute '_buf'

That line of code is this one

    import sys,Carbon
    sys.stdout._buf = say or '? '  # This line and the next print out
the prompt 'say'     <------ bad line

I cannot figure this one out.  I'm suspecting it's some sort of Python
path or multiple Python version problem, but I have no clue.

I am running OS X  10.3.8 on a 1.25 GHz PB.

I was really enjoying the BBEdit approach since it is a great code
editor and seemed to run generic stuff well until I hit this problem.

Maybe I need to run that Panther stuff that fixes the Mac version.
Any help greatly appreciated.

--
Cheers,

Lou Pecora