[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Getting acclimated

Lee Cullens lee_cullens at mac.com
Wed Mar 16 17:00:42 CET 2005

Mentioned this before, but just for context - new to Mac and Python but
retired from a software engineering career.  Dual 2.5 Power Mac G5; OS
X 10.3.8; Python 2.3; PythonIDE, Package Manager, PythonLauncher, IDLE.
  Also have a PC on my LAN, but use it only as a test platform (dislike
MS Windows environ).  I do the odd project in the areas of multimedia
presentations, graphical (charting) and DB front-end GUIs. Until
recently I did such with Macromedia Director or more simply with Adobe
Acrobat.

Now, perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself as I'm not that far along in
studying Python let alone producing an application, but I'm a little
behind the curve regarding creating a "stand alone" application,
especially X platform.  There are two ways that come to mind that I
might get up to speed.

1) links to relevant material (but what I've read so far is conflicting
and confusing).

2) working with someone knowledgeable (doing the grunt work) to produce
an instructional guide that would acclimate others (and myself in the
process).

Any thoughts and suggestions are appreciated :~)

LeeC
leeDOTklgcstudioATtdsDOTnet