[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app fails with 'optimize'

Roger Binns rogerb at rogerbinns.com
Thu Mar 17 18:17:13 CET 2005

> Perhaps I should make the official installer install whatever is in SVN
> at the time instead of having a release tarball at all :)

Ximian used to start the install process for Gnome by doing something
like:

  wget -dump http://...../install.sh | sh

Note that I don't care how you do thinks behind the scenes only
that it is one step to install and one to uninstall and the likely
hood of hosing anything else is zero.

>> This is open source and the version number is way less than 1.0.
>> There isn't any harm in doing lots of little point releases, aka
>> release early and release often.
>
> Sure there is, it takes up time better spent on other things.

It depends on whose time you want to spend.  There is your time
once, vs the time of all the individual people you asked to test
things.

Since the existing release already works for me (with my small
change to get optimize to work), there is little motivation
to test things under development that require more work to get
going and back out of.  The lack of a point release also makes
it harder to reproduce things on multiple machines.

Roger