[Pythonmac-SIG] python make failing: "ImportError: No module named MacOS"

Mark Day mday at mac.com
Wed Mar 23 02:55:10 CET 2005

On Mar 19, 2005, at 2:34 PM, OpenMacNews wrote:

>> I'm not  totally sure that enable-toolbox-glue is
>> on by default, but I think it  is.  I used it anyway:
>>
>> % mkdir -p ~/src/Python-2.4.1c1/_panther
>> % cd ~/src/Python-2.4.1c1/_panther
>> % ../configure \
>>      --enable-toolbox-glue \
>>      --enable-framework=/Users/bob/python-2.4.1c1/Frameworks
>> % make
>> % sudo make frameworkinstall
>>
>> worked fine for me.
>>

> ok, so something's missing on my system ... which is particularly
> odd since its a clean/complete install.
>
> hmmmm ....
>
> anyone else, perhaps with ideas?  or should i take this over the
> the dev list?

Did you include the "sudo" before the "make frameworkinstall"?  If
not, did you make sure you really have write access to the path given
in the --enable-framework option?  If you don't have write access,
you will have a whole slew of errors attempting to install the
framework.  Those errors don't stop the build, and you may not notice
them until something tries to actually use the files that were
supposed to be installed.  It might be prudent to look earlier in the
build output to see if there were other errors or failures.

-Mark