[Pythonmac-SIG] installing MySQL for Python

Christian Meesters meesters at uni-mainz.de
Wed Mar 23 18:55:28 CET 2005

On 23 Mar 2005, at 17:00, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> I think what's most important here is how you installed MySQL.
> Apparently the MySQL extension is looking for components of MySQL that
> you do not have installed, or that you have installed in a location
> other than where the extension knows to look.

Right. I installed MySQL from a darwinport
('mysql-standard-4.1.10-apple-darwin6.8-powerpc') and don't have this
mysql_config file - for whatever reason.
Seems like I have to de-install MySQL and re-install it from scratch.
But this will have to wait until tomorrow ...

Anyway, thanks for all your help!
Cheers
Christian